Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mike Coogan....The Only Candidate to Consider!

Ladies and gentlemen, I detest the kind of almost criminal way people decide to attack reasonable candidates, especially new candidates, just before elections by ginning up contrived controversies. Because that's exactly what we have before us right now.

Let me put it plainly to all of my readers. I know Mike Coogan. I trust Mike Coogan. I support Mike Coogan. Why? Because I had the privilege to get to know him over the course of the last two years as a result of the reign of terror of ex-mayor Bob Correia who was twisting certain budget figures around to his spending advantage, especially Group Health Insurance. I am a strong pro-union man, and Mike and I became friends, trading stories of all things government and all things Fall River. I know him to be intelligent and thoughtful. In short, he's a very capable man and a good man.

Is Mike capable of making mistakes? Of course he is - he's human! Every person ever born throughout the history of mankind has made mistakes. If your ideal candidate is one who is infallible in judgement, let me tell you now, that person is not running for the State Senate. And let me also tell you that of the three Democratic candidates running, Mike Coogan has, by leaps and bounds, made the fewest mistakes.

Has anyone reading this blog ever had work done on their home or office by a contractor who made mistakes? Was everything always done perfectly? Always? Have you ever hired a certain contractor for one thing, and it turned out great, then hired them for something else, and you were less than thrilled with the work product? I know I have! I'm sure most of you have as well. Sometimes , we, as customers, are a pain in the rear as well! Sometimes, we like some or most of the work done, but find fault with one particular room or item. Be honest. It happens everyday.  No contractor is perfect. No customer is always reasonable.

I spoke to Mike Coogan about his side of things. Everyone is willing to take a muckraking "investigative reporter's" story as gospel truth. Let me walk into  your home on your birthday in the middle of a celebration with a video cam and start peppering YOU with questions about something you did that had NOTHING to do with the festivities at hand, and in front of all your friends and supporters. I'm sure you'd have ready, full explanations for questions like, "Who was that woman you went to lunch with yesterday, does your wife know her as well?, or "Your expense reports show you entered a business trip to New Hampshire on your mileage for the 5th, but you called in sick that day, didn't you?", and see how you do!

The fact is Mike Coogan had a discussion with this attorney he did work for (and who may, in fact, have ties to Rodrigues), and they BOTH talked about the fact that for Coogan to work on his property in Rhode Island  (RI)  he was not in licensed in RI. Apparently, however, Coogan had previously worked for this attorney and  the attorney liked the work completed, hence the request to do further work. There was an understanding that there would be no contract because Coogan was not licensed to work in RI! When the entire project was complete and the attorney was not pleased with the bathroom , Coogan agreed to pay the man the amount represented by the bathroom work and a check was sent.

Then the attorney decided to bring action against Coogan for the entire project amount in what the most casual observer would say was suspicious timing. Then the visit from the "investigative reporter". Curious timing indeed.

What you will not hear from other blog sites is that the results of some polling were floating around the statehouse recently and showed Mike Coogan trailed Rodrigues by only 4 points, with the other candidates trailing very, very far behind. It makes perfect sense to assume, in line with well established Fall River political tradition, for some vicious nonsense to be played out too close to the election without it probably being the work of individuals close to Rodrigues. To stay dancing on the gravy train makes you do BADDDDD THINGSSSS, the kind of things that have been reported and documented about against both John Mitchell and Mike Rodrigues. I mean, a bad home repair issue is peanuts when compared to attempting to essentially buy an election (Mitchell - State AG's annual report for FY 1996) and working as butt boy for a Speaker of the House that racked up 180 plus years in indictments (the nasty Sal DiMasi-Mike Rodrigues connection) , as well as being a total and complete whore for the MA Bio-Tech Industry. One thing I know is that Mike Coogan is his own man, and is owned by no one!

No, I don't like the smear politics that Fall River seems to wallow in without a thought, ever, to refrain from it again. Fall River paints itself as a backwards community at times, and this practice of sliming candidates just prior to election day is a hallowed tradition in Fall River more than any other community I've seen. It's disgusting and the entire City should hang their collective heads in shame for it.  And people wonder why people in communities outside of Fall River shake their heads and laugh at the sons and daughters of "Lizzie Borden". Amazing.

The only candidate for State Senate I'd vote for is Mike Coogan. Period!

7 comments:

  1. What? YOU don't like "smear politics?" YOU? BWAHAHAHAHA You're a funny guy, Laz. BWAHAHAHAHA

    Unfortunately, Laz, your guy Coogan submitted a BILL FOR $800 FOR A PERMIT HE NEVER PULLED! There's a legal term for that, you know. Of course you know that. You're Laz. Laz knows everything. BWAHAHAHAHA

    I give you credit for loyalty, Laz... no matter how misguided it may be. But, this is a feckless attempt to provide cover for Coogan. The Hummel Report video is simply too thorough for your lame attempt to explain it away to work. The Hummel Report displays THE salient document - Coogan's $800 invoice - for everyone to see.

    I'm actually surprised to see you stoop to this. You've always stressed ethics in your posts. Now, for sake of political reasons, you toss ethics and character right out the window.

    It'll be interesting to see if you even post this comment. It wouldn't be the first time you've invoked censorship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I never publish comments that are merely ad hominum attacks! But I guess you'll have to look up the term "ad hominum" to understand what I just said.

    Next...I am Irish and I'm loyal to a friend, sometimes to a fault, but guess what, too bad. I've never been afraid to say, that if you are do not like my opinions do not read my blog! It's not like you are paying for it! But I am strong enough to publish your politically motivated,perjorative diatribe for another opportunity to explain that in comparison to the other two Democratic candidates for State Senate with direct ties to Fall River, Mitchell the election purchaser and Rodrigues the under indictment for extorsion Sal DiMasi Butt Boy and prodigious New Hampshire Booze Buyer, his indescretions are quite small. And, they had nothing to do with the public interest. And even further, both he and the complaining, friend of Rodrigues lawyer making the complaint liked the work he had done previously and KNEW he wasn't licensed in Rhode Island when he hired him. He simply should have asked Coogan about the itemizationof the bill with entries for permits that weren't taken out. What, are trying to tell me this pretentious ass of an attorney can't read an invoice and demand $800 back for something that wasn't done? When have you EVER seen a butt sucking attorney NOT demand every penny be accounted for when it's work he has to pay for? Gimme a break...the timing and substance of the issue doesn't pass the smell test...oh that's right, it's stench is so rancid, it can only be the smell of Fall River dirty politics just before election time.

    And who, sir, do you support? Be brave, Mr. Anonymous! I'm giving you an opportunity to respond and make a commercial for your candidate, who I'm sure is Rodrigues. What, intestinal fortitude masked man? You have my email, use it! Putz! BAHAHAHAHA!

    For a minute...I thought I smelled Hurricane crayons!


    This IS politics, and when I see a good man like Mike Coogan being torn up as a result of typical Fall River political non-sense, the kind of crap for which this woe begone City is classicly famous

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last sentence should have read:

    " This IS politics, and when I see a good man like Mike Coogan being torn up as a result of typical Fall River political non-sense, the kind of crap for which this woe begone City is classicly famous, it makes me know without doubt that there is little hope for this City, that the state willevententually bail the political power brokers out of their greed and mismanagement again....,just like they have for the past 30 years.

    I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say this, but I hope Charlie Baker beats Deval.....I think he's the only one who'll clean out the Fall River rats nest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've given Coogan the kiss of death just like you did Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boy sent out a mailer today smearing his opponents. Class act! More like a hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could very well be right about the kiss of death....lol...but the reason is the lack of smarts on the part of the Fall River and state electorate.
    I endorsed Martha Coakley, who would have been a far better choice in the U.S. Senate for MA, and the country, in the long run than the lying, talentless Scott Brown, something which we will all find out if the Republicans take over both houses of Congress in a few weeks; I endorsed Sylvanagans opponent, and given the glib way he's managed to screw up Fall River far worse than Correia did, and because the woman he defeated had an MBA and knew public finance, which Sylvanagan and his appointed collection of village idiots running things at City hall have no clue about, I couldn't have been more correct; And I have endorsed Mike Coogan, a change from the 14 years of "ring through the nose for leadership" Rodrigues represent, he of the whoring for Sal DiMasi and the MA Bio-Tech Council, and the washed up, documented throug legal action election purchaser John Mitchell (JUST FORGET ABOUT THE FECKLESS LAWLESS!), I'd say I'm correwct here as well!

    In terms of campaign smut, it's Fall River, one of the very things that defines Fall River and makes it a laughing stock across MA! I remeber last Mayoral election - THAT was filthy, dirty smut handed out by the Sylvanagan campaign, or "unknown supporters", and we all know it's true! Once one side uses it, I say it's fair game. That's Fall River politics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here in Freetown, Mikey "I Like New Hampshire" Rodrigues had twoof the biggest do-nothings support him. I received a robo call from Selectman Fox who is a drain on our community and Mikey was supported by another member of the Selectmen brain trsut Larry "You Becha" Ashley. With these two discredited elected officials supporting Mikey, Freetown will be going COOGAN. What a bonehead move by Mikey using Fox and Ashley here where they are so not wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Hey...feel free...what your about to write is probably just fine...but try to write what Prof. Kingfield of the movie Paper Chase wanted his students to speak aloud....FILL THE BLOG WITH YOUR INTELLIGENCE...PLEASE!!!!!!!